Your Home Improvements
In these economic times, we are all aware of how important it is to get the best quality possible for the price we pay for any project. As you shop around for prices on your roof replacement, renovation, or addition, you may find someone willing to do the job at a very low cost.
Social media is an excellent way to communicate, and to search out and find what you need. However, social media is also an easy way for people to ‘advertise’ their services, with no cost or responsibility on their part.
To protect your investment you should ask your potential contractor some of the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are your workers fully covered by Worker's Compensation?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Will you provide a written contract clearly outlining all aspects of the work you agree to do?
- Do you provide a written warranty for labour and materials? For how long is the job covered?
- Can you provide a couple of references for similar work that you have done in the area?
Did you know: As of April 1, 2017 anyone who works at heights in the construction industry in Ontario is required to have Ministry of Labour approved training that meets the requirements of the ‘Working at Heights’ Training Standard? Ask for proof that all who will be working on your roof have this mandatory certification.
There are many details covered by some contractors that are not covered by others. "Compare apples to apples". Make sure your clearly understand what your contractor is going to give you for your money. Protect your interests.
Our company has been in business for more than forty years. Our experience will save you money in the long run.
Call David at: (613) 478-5110 or contact us